Friday, June 14, 2013

Two Minute Book Review -- Frances Richey's The Burning Point

Because of the move, all my books are mixed up and bouncing about, and I found Frances Richey's poetry collection The Burning Point. I must have had it for a while. I don't know where it came from or when I bought it, but I sat down and read it this morning and enjoyed much of it. She does good things with Ekphrasis, but she uses the paintings as a way to see into her own life rather than simply describing them and their context. She's worked in hospices and as a yoga instructor, and that all comes through in the way that she approaches the way to live and how to die. Much is seen through a kind of detached spirituality, and she spends a good deal of time talking about her life within her family, and that becomes a way to see how we should all exist within a family.

No comments:

Post a Comment